Thank you for your interest in the Intergovernmental Panel Physician Training Summit! Early bird registration will open September 15, 2017. Use the tabs to navigate the information below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.
IPPA holds one annual meeting per year and rotates regions around the world. Over the past 8 years, Panel Physician Training Summits have drawn Panel Physicians, their colleagues, and government representatives who want to keep up to date with the current Technical Instructions in practice. Training Summits feature presentations, breakout sessions, panel discussions, and opportunities for one-on-one education. Summits are an opportunity to network with a diverse group of Panel Physicians, experts and Consular Officers.
Content and delivery of the IPPA training summit are produced in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control, the Australian, and United Kingdom and New Zealand governments. Contributions and support come from the Summit Advisory Committee which is comprised of members from around the world.
The collaboration and involvement for the summit grows from forward-thinking and collaborative workings between many groups. Summits provide an opportunity for Panel Physicians to directly interact with health and migration experts, Consular Officers, and other Panel Physicians in a collegial educational environment.
Delegates are also able to participate in pre-summit workshops on strategies for implementing techniques, case studies, and essentials for working within a designated Panel Physician site. Our training summits are vital to Panel Physicians who screen for each of the participating countries, as well as for those who screen for multiple countries.
Agenda Coming Soon!
Joint-Providership Statement for Continuing Education Credits
The International Panel Physicians Association is in a joint providership with CDC to plan, implement, and evaluate this educational activity. CDC, in conjunction with ACCME and ANCC accreditation criteria, allows accredited providers and non-accredited organizations to collaborate in the planning and implementation of CE activities through a joint providership, as long as no commercial interests are identified. A joint providership can be two or more organizations working together to plan, implement, and evaluate an educational activity. In a joint providership, CDC is referred to as the provider of the educational activity; and the other provider is referred to as the joint provider. If the joint provider is a non-accredited organization, then CDC must maintain responsibility over all areas of course development.
CDC is responsible for awarding credit or contact hours and for ensuring compliance with the accreditation criteria.
Continuing Education for this activity is pending. See the final announcement for further details.
The International Panel Physicians Association and the Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur are pleased to offer group rates for attendees of the summit. This nightly rate is available from March 8 through March 20, 2018 (3 days before and 3 days after the summit).
- Nightly room rate starting at 520++ MYR
- Rate subject to 10% service charge plus 6% GST (Goods and Service Tax thereon)
- Inclusive of daily breakfast and Hotel Wifi (200 Mbps)
- Deadline to book is February 28, 2018
|Room Category||Single Occupancy||Double Occupancy|
|Executive Room||RM520.00++ (RM606.32 nett)||RM570++ (RM664.62 nett)|
|Horizon Executive Room||RM720.00++ (RM839.52 nett)||RM770.00++ (RM897.82 nett)|
|Premier Selection Suite||RM950.00++ (RM1,107.70)||RM950.00++ (RM1,107.70 nett)|
Terms and Conditions
- Rates published are for single occupancy. An extra person charge per person may apply for 2 or more guests sharing the same guestroom.
- There is a 10.00 % per room per night tax.
- Payment for room and tax and all incidental charges is due in full upon check out. Payment can be made by cash, by certified check, or credit card. Hotel accepts American Express, Diners Club, Discover Card, Duet Card, Eurocard, JCB International, Maestro/Switch, Master Card or Visa.
- If you wish to cancel, please do so 28 days prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.
- A limited number of rooms for guests with special needs, in accordance with ADA, are available. Please contact the hotel reservations department to confirm your arrangements.
- At check in, the front desk will verify your check-out date. Rates quoted are based on check-in date and length of stay. Should you choose to depart early a departure fee will be charged.
- We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.
Your summit registration fee includes access to all sessions, Welcome Reception on March 12, training materials, Continuing Education (CE) credits, lunch daily and twice daily coffee/tea breaks.
Individual and group discounts are available for members of the International Panel Physicians Association.
Refund Policy: Summit registration fees are nonrefundable within 90 days of the program date.
150.00 US Dollar
500.00 US Dollar
Up to 4 receive discount
1,000.00 US Dollar
Up to 9 receive discount
IPPA and the Summit Advisory Committee welcome all Summit delegates to participate in the Annual Intergovernmental Poster Session. The Summit Advisory Committee is an independent advisory group comprised of members from the Intergovernmental Panel Physician communities, partner organizations, partner government department representatives and other experts, as appropriate. The Committee provides expert feedback, advice, and information in the preparation and planning of the Panel Physician Training Summits held annually by the governments of the Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States, in partnership with the International Panel Physician Association (IPPA). In addition, the Committee assists in the development and execution of Training Summit events and activities.
Purpose of the Poster Session:
To disperse information about important elements to the participants.
To convey ideas in a manner that allows readers to grasp key concepts in a short time period.
To present findings from authors’ daily practice and research which have been useful to improve panel site operations, clinical activities, functions, and/or procedures. Authors can generalize findings or data to support the best practices presented.
To include material that is relevant to the poster category scope below.
To present information that is visually pleasing and text that is easy to read.
To present material that is understood by and relevant to diverse audiences who will be in attendance at the Summit.